Launch of the Q6 is a smart move given the lacklustre sales of the G6 since launching a more affordable range with several of G6’s features will spur sales.
LG has announced a trio of new mid-range devices that goes by the name Q6. If that sounds eerily similar to the company flagship G6, well that’s intentional. For the new Q6 borrows several of the features that make the G6 so special, including the latter’s ‘Full Vision’ display.
That again translates to a longish display having an aspect ratio of 18:9. Bezels are almost non-existent along the sides while the same along the top and bottom is also just the bare minimum.
Elaborating further, the new Q6 range comprises of three devices – Q6α, Q6, and Q6+ in increasing order of advancement and hence price. However, all the three handsets share the same display, it being of 5.5-inch dimension lit up by 2160 x 1080 pixels. Further, a Snapdragon 435 chipset and Adreno 505 GPU combo is common across the range though difference lies in the amount of storage and RAM each comes with.
The Q6 makes do with a 2 GB RAM along with 16 GB storage. The same for the more up-market Q6 stands at 3 GB and 32 GB respectively while the top of the line Q6+ boasts of a 4 GB RAM along with 64 gigs of storage.
All versions come with a 13 megapixel rear cam along with a 5-megapixel front shooter that has a 100-degree wide angle of view. A 3000mAh battery is also common across the range, which should allow for decent backup times.
Color options include Astro Black, Ice Platinum, and Terra Gold. The Q6 can be availed of in Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Mystic White and Terra Gold color choices. Similarly, the Q6+ comes in shades of Astro Black, Ice Platinum, and Marine Blue.
Another standard quality of the new Q6 range is its sturdy build quality characterized by the use of 7000-series aluminum. The rear looks smooth and elegant, more so given the lack of any camera bump this time, something that even the G6 lacks. All versions come pre-loaded with Android 7.1.1 LG’s proprietary UX 6.0 running on top.
No pricing details have been revealed as yet but guess that’s likely to happen once we approach the launch schedule. The Q6 is slated to go on sale in Asia around August with other regions such as Europe and the two Americas coming in later.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 435 Mobile Platform
- Display: 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 442ppi)
- Q6+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM
- Q6: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM
- Q6α: 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM
- Camera: Rear 13MP Standard Angle / Front 5MP Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Size: 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 149g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-B 2.0
- Q6+: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Marine Blue
- Q6: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Mystic White / Terra Gold
- Q6α: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Terra Gold
- Other: Face Recognition / Google Assistant / Square Camera / Steady Record / FM Radio* Specifications may vary depending on the particular market.