In the new WhatsApp for Windows Phone 8, new smileys have been added, notification issues have been fixed and images are much better and larger.
WhatsApp for Windows Phone 8 has been updated. The update brings a number of important and required features to the platform, bringing in good news for users.
In the new features, WhatsApp will now allow to initiate voice calls within the app, play music leveraging the background API as well as instantly jump to new incoming notifications. In addition, new smileys have been added, notification issues have been fixed and images are now much better and larger. Users will also be able to see smileys on the double wide tile and will be able to back up chat history on start-up as well as from the Settings.
Here is the complete change log of the WhatsApp update:
- Initiate voice calls from within the app
- Background API allows you to play music
- New smileys
- Fixed notifications for users
- Users can now see smileys on the double wide tile
- Fast resume (If the app is open and you click on the incoming notification it opens as fast as on Android)
- On start-up, it now asks if you want to back up your chat history. You can also do this through settings.
- Large images shown
WhatsApp has been one of the most popular instant messaging services in the world, and the app keeps getting better and better on every platform. Before this particular update, a number of important features were not available in the WhatsApp for Windows Phone 8, as a result of which the app couldn’t match the one on Android or iOS. Now the gap has almost been filled, and the app is now on equal ground across all major mobile platforms.
If you haven’t got the new update yet, we suggest that you head to the Windows Phone Store and download the new version right away.