As per AdDuplex statistics, Nokia Lumia 520 is dominating the Windows Phone 8 market share with a share of 27% and strengthening Nokia's monopoly.

AdDuplex has published the statistics of August on the dissemination of the Microsoft mobile operating system, also showing the top selling smartphones. The data were collected through applications (approximately 1,000) that use the company’s development kit to display the banner; therefore, the actual results may be different from those shown. In any case, it is clear that a good percentage of the market share of Windows Phone 8 is attributable to the Nokia Lumia 520.

The low-cost model of the family (with 4-inch display, 1GHz processor and 8GB of flash memory) has become a global share of 27%. In practice, Nokia Lumia 520 is nearly one in three Windows Phone 8 smartphones. The success of the device has certainly allowed Nokia to further increase its monopoly, reaching a percentage of 86.9% (+1.5% compared to July).

The absolute domination of the Finnish manufacturer is showed by the spread of the other models as well: Lumia 920 (17%), Lumia 620 (14%), Lumia 820 (10%), and Lumia 720 (8%). Lumia 925 is still not in the list of top 10 while Lumia 1020 and Lumia 625 are not on the market yet. Overall, the market share of Windows Phone 8 is 65% while Windows Phone 7 is continuing to reduce the share of 35%.

In the surveys, AdDuplex has also included two new products, the rate of diffusion of the GDR2 update and smartphone with 512MB ​​of RAM. On August 14, the GDR2 update is installed only on 3% of Lumia devices — a figure that includes the Lumia 925 and 1020, on which the update has already pre-installed. As of now, 57% of the devices integrate 512 MB ​​of RAM while the remaining 43% come with 1GB of memory. Although almost all the apps and games available on the store works with 512 MB of RAM and only few recent Nokia apps require a 1 GB.

Among the new models, the Nokia RM-937 is also identified and probably the first phablet with full HD display that should be announced in the coming months, along with Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here